PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE WEEK

STEPHEN PULLAN

Where are you based?
I live in the Western Maine foothills with the Atlantic Ocean at my doorstep and the White Mountains of New England close behind me. It's a stunning place to live and create.

What was your initial route in to photography?
I became interested in photography in a very round about way. I have always been a visual artist
making painting and sculpture, and documenting my artwork was natural. It was not until much later that I began to see and appreciate photography as an important visual medium in my life. I'm very happy my progression as an artist has led me to making photos. Now I see photography as my primary means of expression.

Film or digital?
Digital for the most part but I love film of all kinds.

What/who influences your photography?
Simplicity, color, found objects, carnivals, rust, Andrew Wyeth, Georgia O’Keeffe, RGB Carnovsky, Nei Cruz, Wearejuxt and the many inspiring photographers sharing their work in the instagram community.

What is next for you?
Who knows where it all leads. Recently I purchased a vintage civil war era tin type camera and I'm falling in love with the medium. I hope that the future finds me making lots more tin types and traveling.

Anyone you would like to plug?
Please take some time to check out the work of Meredith Winn, otherwise known as @camerashymomma (Instagram). Her photographs and writing weave a magical introspective journey and the work she does as a shuttersister provide insight and opportunities for women all over the globe.

Instagram @artfarmer